Monday, May 15, 2006
I'm back...finally
Hi everyone,

Sorry I have been away so long. We have been so busy getting the new shop up and running. Bren and I had about 4 days in a row where we were getting by on only about 4 hours sleep a night as we had to be ready to re-open on the day we had said we would. We`made it but even now, a week later, we still have more to set up and are still feeling exhausted. Here are some photos of the new shop. We have done quite a bit more since these were taken. I will take some more in a month or so when everything is how we want it to be. Still, it's getting there. Bren and I love it. We have so much more room:)
























I have thanked her already but I want to share what a wonderful birthday present I received from Carol. A great Red Sox T Shirt, a dragonfly note pad, Walk The Line DVD, a wonderful quilt book and a box of my favourite Milk Duds!!! (the Milk Duds are not in the photo as I had eaten them by the time I took the photo:)) All wonderful and shows how well she knows me. I'm am so lucky to have a wondeful fried like Carol:) Thank you so much to everyone who wished me a happy birthday. Mt birthday was our first day of moving everything and the day was not without it's dramas. We could get in a large display rack or the table we use for classes. Both were too wide to get in the doors. The shop is an old cottage and the doors are not as wide as new houses. Bren and I spent hours taking them apart and putting them back together inside the house. During the day though, a friend stopped by to bring me flowers, which were beautiful. We popped home to have some dinner on the Saturday night and were pleasantly surprised by a lovely couple, Mark and Sheila, who have become friends of ours since we moved to the mountains. They called in to bring me a present and share a bottle of champagne with us. They knew we would be working hard on my birthday and thought we should celebrate a little at least. It really was a fun couple of hours with them before we went back to the shop later that night. My dad also called in during the day. He was on his way back to Bathurst (the other side of the mountains) after a week's visit to Tasmania. It was great to see him`as well. He bought me a beautiful antique dragonfly brooch from a little shop in Tasmania. Just gorgeous. All in all it was a nice birthday.

The main drawback of the last couple of weeks is that I haven't done a single stitch. I am hoping to get some stitching done tomorrow night though:)

Today I had to do one of my least favourite things....go to the dentist. I was eating a piece of toffee last night and chipped my front tooth. Ouch!! I had a filling done today and it's as good as new:)

Well, I hope to get back to my nightly blogging and am looking forward to catching up on everyone's Blogs:)




posted by Karen's Blog @ 7:22 pm  
8 Comments:
  • At 9:00 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wow, the new shop looks awesome! I wish I lived within coo-ee of Katoomba!

     
  • At 11:16 pm, Blogger Leonie said…

    The shop looks gorgeous! It is definitely on my itinerary when we next (one day!) head over that way!!

     
  • At 11:25 pm, Blogger Mel in Dubai said…

    Oh my! I NEED to come visit your shop!! I could easily get lost in all those threads :)

     
  • At 9:11 am, Blogger cathymk said…

    Karen it looks fantastic - definately worth all the work!!
    Did you do your shop models your self? Just something I wondered as I looked at the photos.

     
  • At 12:32 am, Blogger Lelia said…

    Impressive : ) What an excellent set-up. Job well done.

    Maybe while you are resting up with your head cold, you can cozy up with a good book or some stitching.

     
  • At 12:40 am, Blogger Unknown said…

    The shop looks beautiful! So jealous of your store. OMG, look at all the goodies!

     
  • At 8:10 am, Blogger Carina said…

    Karen, I know you said you wanted to do more on the shop, but I have to tell you that it is already looking fabulous!!!

    Also, congrats on your finished "Southern Jewel;" it is just beautiful. Remind me when I visit the shop that I NEED that chart!!!

     
  • At 1:19 pm, Blogger Unknown said…

    The shop looks lovely Karen. Did you decorate it, or leave it the colours the previous owner had as a house?

    You sound like you had a lovely birthday, even if you were working hard in between.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Karen's Blog
Home: Leura, New South Wales, Australia
About Me:
See my complete profile

Previous Post
Archives
My Time and Weather
    The WeatherPixie
Carol's Time and Weather
    The WeatherPixie
Links
Template By
Isnaini Dot Com