Tuesday, April 25, 2006
Southern Jewel Finished
Sorry I haven't posted the last couple of days. I just needed a break from the computer. As you can see I finished Southern Jewel. A few of you have asked if this is a new or old design. It is a brand new Australian design from Sweetblossoms Designs. I think it turned out really nice:) Back to Stargazer tomorrow:)

Bren and I had a great day out at Ironfest. We ate way too much food and had fun watching the jousting and sword fights. Some of the craft was great as well.

Today was Anzac Day here in Australia. It is a very special memorial day where Australians and New Zealanders remember all those who have been lost in war, particularly those from World War 1 where so many lives were lost at Gallipoli. It is always so moving to see all the verternas marching in teh Anzac Day parades. This is the first time there have been no remaining soldiers from World War 1. Very sad and just goes to show how quickly time moves on and how importaant it is that we pay tribute and remember those who gave their lives so we could enjoy the freedom we have today.
posted by Karen's Blog @ 11:18 pm  
10 Comments:
  • At 2:09 am, Blogger Kitty Couture said…

    This is so beautiful, Karen - well done! :)

     
  • At 3:01 am, Blogger Judith said…

    Wow that is just beautifull Karen.
    Congrats on the finish.

     
  • At 4:08 am, Blogger Mel in Dubai said…

    Oooo, I love it :)

     
  • At 4:41 am, Blogger Bine said…

    Congrats on the finish. It's lovely :-)

     
  • At 7:41 am, Blogger Kim said…

    Love the way that turned out!

     
  • At 7:50 am, Blogger Carol said…

    Love your Southern Jewel! That must have been a fun stitch! Also glad you enjoyed your long weekend :-) Mikey posted off your bday gifts on Monday - go ahead and open them right up!!

     
  • At 8:01 am, Blogger Unknown said…

    This is beautiful Karen.

     
  • At 3:31 pm, Blogger Von said…

    The colors in Southern Jewel are so appealing! Very nicely done, Karen!

     
  • At 8:55 pm, Blogger Jenn said…

    What a beautiful piece. You did a great job Karen! It looks great in the frame you picked out.

    My Husband Paul is going to be in Australia in a few weeks. Is your shop close to Sydney. I might send him to see you if it is. Drop me an e-mail (my e-mail is on my blog under 'My Stuff') if you are.

     
  • At 3:36 pm, Blogger Kerry said…

    Absolutely beautiful.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Karen's Blog
Home: Leura, New South Wales, Australia
About Me:
See my complete profile

Previous Post
Archives
My Time and Weather
    The WeatherPixie
Carol's Time and Weather
    The WeatherPixie
Links
Template By
Isnaini Dot Com