Monday, May 01, 2006
We finally have the keys
Wow, what an exhausting couple of days. Over the weekend we were getting everything ready before having to pick up the keys to the new shop when we got a call from the owner of the cottage to say that she had a message from her solicitor late Friday to say that the lease had not been executed properly. She wasn't able to reach her by the end of business of Friday to find out why. I can't believe that her solicitor had the signed lease back on Thursday and we were just hearing about a problem on Sunday. Especailly when we were due to pick up the keys at 9am this morning (Monday). Needless to say we had another sleepless night last night. The good news is that everything ended up being in order today. There had just been a typo with a date. All was fixed and we finally picked up the keys today. Over the next few days we will get some of the fixtures up and begin our move on Friday with the aim to re-open on Tuesday. Yayyyy!! I will post some before photos tomorrow and after photos next week.

I know we are a long way from the rest of the world here in Australia but I have to share some amazing good news. About a week ago there was a small earthquake down in Tasmania (a state of Australia). As a result, 3 miners were trapped a kilometre underground. Over the next few days one poor man was found dead. As the days went by it looked like there was no hope for the remaining 2 men. Well last night, 6 days after the cave in, the 2 men were found to be alive. Just incredible!!! They are in good condition all things considered. They are hoping to have them back to the surface in the next 48 hours. I guess miracles do happen!!

Carol, more good news. My birthday present arrived today. Brendon checked the mail and asked me to tell you it has arrived so you wouldn’t worry, BUT…. he has hidden it on me!!!!. He said, as we will be in the middle of moving shops on Saturday it will give me a nice start to my birthday. It's going to drive me crazy. LOL.
posted by Karen's Blog @ 10:04 pm  
5 Comments:
  • At 10:50 pm, Blogger Kitty Couture said…

    Congrats on getting the keys, Karen! This is so exciting :) Good luck with all the moving!

     
  • At 7:44 am, Blogger Leslie aka zoeandcooper said…

    I am so excited that everything finally worked out for you with the new building. Good luck with the move and I hope you enjoy your new stitching home:)

     
  • At 8:51 am, Blogger cathymk said…

    Wishing you a smooth move, Karen.
    Looking forward to seeing the pics!

     
  • At 6:14 pm, Blogger Mel in Dubai said…

    Yay, Karen!! Hope the move goes well.

    Hiding presents is something my husband would do too - lucky I usually get to the mail first - lol!

     
  • At 2:11 am, Blogger Shelleen said…

    Karen, I am so glad that everything worked out and you now have your keys :-)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Karen's Blog
Home: Leura, New South Wales, Australia
About Me:
See my complete profile

Previous Post
Archives
My Time and Weather
    The WeatherPixie
Carol's Time and Weather
    The WeatherPixie
Links
Template By
Isnaini Dot Com