Sunday, January 07, 2007
Christmas and New Year
Just catching up after a lovely Christmas and start to the New Year.

Bren and I went up to his parents for Christmas. It was such a relaxing couple of days. I got some wonderful pressies including this gorgeous gift from Carol. Unfortunately the picture is not very good as the camera angle makes it look wonky, but is isn't. It is so lovely!!!



Here are some photos of our day at the beach on Boxing Day up at Tea Gardens. I also hand fed a Blue Tongue lizard in Bren's parents back yard. I love lizards!!

Bren's mum and dad:)

A lovely dragonfly landed near me on Christmas day:) I just love them!!When we got home, Bren and I had a couple of days in Canberra where we saw the Egyptian Treasures from the Louvre exhibition. We also visited one of my favourite places, The Bird Walk. Here is a cute little Lorikeet nibbling Bren's ear:)


Now onto some stitching news. I just stitched the new Just Nan freebie and popped it in a whimzi frame.

And here is a progree shot of And A Forest Grew. I have just about finished section 14.

posted by Karen's Blog @ 12:25 am  
7 Comments:
  • At 1:12 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Nice finishes.

     
  • At 3:40 am, Blogger Carina said…

    Yay! It's always nice to "see" you online! I love your Just Nan freebie finish--it turned out darling!

    I stitched up the Dinky Dyes "Cottage Garden" design that I got from you when I was in Aus last July and now David is making a box for me so I can finish it as a box top. (He is using the boxes from The Cat's Whiskers as his inspiration.)

    Happy 2007 to you and Bren!

     
  • At 10:30 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Wow Karen, you have been busy since your last update. Love how and a forest grew is looking, so many ladies are working on this one just now and it looks very very tempting to jump in!

     
  • At 11:12 am, Blogger Carol said…

    when did you ever start And A Forest Grew?? Great to see you blogging again!!!!

     
  • At 5:03 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You always seem to be able to accomplish so much :) Are you sure your days don't have more hours than mine?

    Love to you both
    Tannia

     
  • At 4:19 am, Blogger Michelle said…

    Love your WhimZi! You've made a great start on And a Forest Grew - what a beautiful piece!

     
  • At 11:02 am, Blogger Susan @ Real Girl Designs said…

    It was nice to see your pictures of your visit to Tea Gardens - reminds me of my childhood, when I lived in the area (Nelson Bay & Raymond Terrace.)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Karen's Blog
Home: Leura, New South Wales, Australia
About Me:
See my complete profile

Previous Post
Archives
My Time and Weather
    The WeatherPixie
Carol's Time and Weather
    The WeatherPixie
Links
Template By
Isnaini Dot Com