Monday, August 14, 2006
Good News and Sad News
Hi everyone,

I am so sorry I have been absent from my blog lately. No real excuse other than I have been flat out in the shop. Hubby was head hunted by a company in the IT industry he used to work in. They offered him a 12 month contract. While he had no interest in going back, they made him an offer he couldn't refuse:) Bren looks after the silver clay and beading side of our business and he realised that it would help us a lot to have the extra income coming back in for the next 12 months while our shop finds it's feet in it's new location. I think he is also already counting all the new beads he plans to order in:) While I used to Blog at night time, Bren and I are trying to not be on the computer in the evenings as it feels like we are never off it. So, I will try and find the time to Blog during the day:)

My sad news first. We lost our little cockatiel a few days ago. His name was Winston and we have had him 11 years. He literally got sick over a day and died. Bren and I were devastated but there was nothing we could do. I can't believe how empty and quiet the house is without him. Every morning he used to come over and say hello before I went to work and it is very sad not to have him there:(

Some good news though. Firstly Bren and I had a ball at The Boy From OZ. Hugh Jackman was outstanding. I can certainly see why he won the Tony when he did this role on Broadway.

The second bit of good news is that we had a visit from Carina and her family when they were here visiting. Here is a photo I took. It was great to see her again!!


And finally, I have now lost nearly 6kgs!!!!

Bye for now. I will try to Blog more regularly from now on:)

posted by Karen's Blog @ 3:20 pm  
8 Comments:
  • At 5:22 pm, Blogger Leonie said…

    Sorry to hear about your loss Karen. Congrats on the weight loss too. I know what you mean about getting away from the computer.......

     
  • At 12:42 am, Blogger Wendy said…

    Sorry to hear about the loss of your pet! We do get very attached to our little ones.

    But great news about your weight loss - that's huge!

     
  • At 12:43 am, Blogger Leslie aka zoeandcooper said…

    I am sorry to hear about the loss of your pet! It is just like losing one of the family.

    Congrats on your weight loss and hope to "see" you around more again!

     
  • At 7:39 am, Blogger Carol said…

    Good to hear you are alive! Again, my sincerest condolences about Winston :-( What a great pic of Carina!!

    I sure do miss your emails, though. The Red Sox are one game back from the Yankees now, but they really need your support as they are up against a straight run of difficult teams, including 5 against the Yankees, this week! We need you!

    Congrats on the weight loss!

     
  • At 1:08 am, Blogger Shelleen said…

    I am sorry to hear about your cockatiel. That is sad.
    Great news about your weight loss and DHs job offer.

     
  • At 5:25 am, Blogger Kim said…

    Sorry to hear about the loss of your cockatiel.

    But the other news is great and I'm SO jealous that you got to see Hugh Jackman in Boy from Oz. Lucky, lucky. :D

     
  • At 1:17 pm, Blogger Von said…

    Hi Karen,
    I'm so sorry that you've lost your beloved pet.

    How wonderful to see Carina and hear about your visit! And congrats on losing more weight! Hurray!

     
  • At 5:14 am, Blogger Carol said…

    Your blog needs updating Karen ;-)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Karen's Blog
Home: Leura, New South Wales, Australia
About Me:
See my complete profile

Previous Post
Archives
My Time and Weather
    The WeatherPixie
Carol's Time and Weather
    The WeatherPixie
Links
Template By
Isnaini Dot Com