Monday, November 20, 2006
It's been a while
Well, I'm back. I can hear the thump from Carol fainting from shock when she checks in and sees I am finally posting again. LOL.

Sorry I have been absent for so long. No excuses really. Life has just been so busy lately but it is all settling down now and I hope to be able to post more regularly.

On the stitching front I have just started stitching South Seas Mermaid from Mirabilia. I am stitching her on 32ct Taupo from Country Stitch. As I loath stitching the arms on all Mirabilia designs I have done them first. Is it just me or does anyone else find Mirabilia arms hard to do?



Well we have certainly had Winter and Summer in one week here. We were starting to head into the mid 30's (celsius) when suddenly we got hit by what the weathermen called an "Antarctic Blast" and the temps plummetted to single digit figures and we got, wait for it....snow. Snow in November!!!!. Hubby was saying if we wish really hard we might get a white Christmas. LOL. No such luck I'm afraid. It is back up to 35 degrees Celsius today.

There is a bad bush fire burning about 10kms from here in a township called Mt Victoria. The smoke in the air has been terrible. Luckily no homes have been lost yet, but the hot weather is making it hard to contain. Even the snow didn't help. I still can't belive it, bushfires and snow, at the same time.

Well I know this is a short post but my working day is done and I'm heading home. I will try to post again very soon. Who knows, maybe even tomorrow. LOL.


posted by Karen's Blog @ 3:58 pm  
8 Comments:
  • At 10:58 pm, Blogger Myrna said…

    Your mermaid is looking lovely...

    Have a great day!

     
  • At 1:05 am, Blogger Carol said…

    Hi there! No, I didn't fall off my chair - only because you did IM me last night to let me know you were blogging - otherwise, yes, I would have fallen! Your mermaid is stunning. I do find Mirabilia arms to be a bit annoying, at least - so many guesses as to what to do with the fractional stitches! Snow in November? Very common here - LOL! None yet this year, and none forecasted for this week either - sun straight across the board, although chilly. I hope the bushfires don't cause any losses for anyone!! I look forward to tonight's post! Thanks for coming back to the blog!

     
  • At 1:05 am, Blogger Carol said…

    PS - love your fabric choice for the SSM. I am still trying to decide on mine....

     
  • At 4:04 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Welcome back in posting land. I love you mermaid. I also hate the heads. I am not a stitcher of faces and always try to leave them till the end.

     
  • At 5:23 am, Blogger Michelle said…

    Great start! I love the fabric you've chosen for this one!

     
  • At 8:37 am, Blogger Wendy said…

    Karen ~ welcome back to the blogging world. Sounds like you are having some crazy weather - going from snow to mid 30's in one week! We had snow this morning just to give us a taste of what we have in store for us for the coming months.

     
  • At 11:11 am, Blogger Carina said…

    Hey Karen! Great to see you back! I hadn't been blogging much as I got sick a few days after I saw you and ended up in hospital when we got back to the states...ugh! It was my ulcers, but I'm on a new medicine and doing well!

    I am currently stitching "Cottage Garden" --the Dinky Dyes kit I picked up at your shop! (pix on my blog)

     
  • At 9:52 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I struggle with Nora's Arms too! I think that is why my Mirabilia WIP's are sliding into the UFO pile again... also I am too easily distracted!!

    Your South Sea's Mermaid is looking just beautiful Karen!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Karen's Blog
Home: Leura, New South Wales, Australia
About Me:
See my complete profile

Previous Post
Archives
My Time and Weather
    The WeatherPixie
Carol's Time and Weather
    The WeatherPixie
Links
Template By
Isnaini Dot Com