Thursday, July 20, 2006
More on Stargazer

Sorry it has been a while since my last post. I have pinched my siatic nerve and have had a sore lower back for the last few days. Really painful. It seems to be on the mend now:)


Good news for my first week on the Weight Watchers Programme. I weighed in on Wednesday and have lost 2.3kgs (5lbs) in my first week, so that's a good start. There is something about having to go and weigh in with people watching that seems to keep me on track:) A few of you have asked what programme I am on. Weight Watchers have a new no count programme which is better for me. You can choose from their points programme and their no count programme. The no count suits me better. On this programme I can eat as much fruit and veg as I like which is great. I am also a carb junkie and I can eat heaps of rice and pasta as well. It is basically letting you eat from a balanced range of foods and nothing outside that. They also teach you to eat until you are satisfied rather than stuff yourself until you feel sick. A lot of people prefer the points programme where you are assigned a certain number of points a day and when you reach it, that's it, no more food until the next day. This allows you to eat whatever you like, even junk food, but no more than your allotted points. I find the no count better, where you can't eat junk food a much healthier choice. I guess you have to find whatever works best for you.

I did a little bit of stitching on Stargazer tonight:)
posted by Karen's Blog @ 9:13 pm  
7 Comments:
  • At 10:14 pm, Blogger Kiwi Jo said…

    I just wanted to wish you good luck on your WW programme. I'm doing the same program and have lost 17.5 lb in 10 weeks. I still have a long way to go but I'll get there eventually! I really love this programme and love the food choices. I can't imagine going back to my regular way of eating again.

     
  • At 12:16 am, Blogger Wendy said…

    Wow - what a great start to your WW program! That's very encouraging for you and I'm glad you are enjoying it too. I hope your back is much better soon!

     
  • At 4:15 am, Blogger Michelle said…

    Way to go on your WW program! Congrats! Your Stargazer is looking so pretty on that fabric!

     
  • At 8:04 am, Blogger Leslie aka zoeandcooper said…

    It is wonderful to see her back out again! She is so lovely.

     
  • At 11:36 am, Blogger Trixie said…

    Wow - she's beautiful! And congrats! on your WW.

     
  • At 1:25 pm, Blogger Carol said…

    It is so nice to see Stargazer again! She looks wonderful! I am so happy for your weight loss!!! Also glad your back feels better!

    Red Sox won today, Yankees lost tonight! That is always a good thing!! Are you on MSN right now?

     
  • At 1:18 am, Blogger Sharon said…

    Good luck on your WW program. Sounds like you have made a great start! Hope you feel better soon!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Karen's Blog
Home: Leura, New South Wales, Australia
About Me:
See my complete profile

Previous Post
Archives
My Time and Weather
    The WeatherPixie
Carol's Time and Weather
    The WeatherPixie
Links
Template By
Isnaini Dot Com