Wednesday, July 12, 2006
Mel's Visit
Today was a really good day. We had a visit from Mel Wilson and her lovely family. Mel and her sweet daughter Caitlin visited the shop while Mel's husband Ken and son Liam drove around and had some "boy time". They came to pick up Mel and Caitlin at the shop later in the afternoon and we all had a nice chat before they had to go. Mel did some serious stash enhancement and Caitlin picked a cute "Little Miss" kit to stitch herself. I saw Mel's stunning St Georges WIP and also an amazing Heaven and Earth design she has been stitching. I can't remember the design name but it looks amazing. I was so pleased they all got to visit. In case anyone isn't sure, Mel is on the right in the pink. Don't she and Caitlin look alike ? I can't believe what great kids Mel has. We get quite a few terrors in the shop, so it was such a welcome change meeting Liam and Caitlin.

Carina I am really looking forward to your visit in a couple of weeks as well. One thing I should mention is that the shop is closed on Wednesdays:)

Jenn, no problems with Paul deciding not to visit. It is a long way:)

Another thing I did today was sign up for Weight Watchers. I want to get about 10kgs off before Christmas if I can. Time to get it of before any more creeps on:)

I'm afraid I didn't see the extra bit at the end of the credits when we saw Pirates. I wish I had known. Has anyone else seen the extra bit? If so could you email me and let me know what it was? I thought the ending was clever though. Really made us look more forward to the final part 3 next year:)

posted by Karen's Blog @ 9:03 pm  
6 Comments:
  • At 10:15 pm, Blogger Leonie said…

    Ooh, glad to see they made it to Australia OK! I imagine that the HAED was "Snowflake". I will get a detailed rundown of the visit when I catch up with her.

     
  • At 1:52 am, Blogger Carol said…

    How cool!!!!!!!!!! Sounds like (and looks like) you had great visit! Wow, that family has covered a lot of distance across the world in the past week or two!! They must be exhausted!

    Your haircut is so cute! Weight Watchers? You're not chubby!!

     
  • At 2:00 am, Blogger Judith said…

    How great to meet internet friends. I have met some nice friends too from overseas and loved meeting them all. I actual will meet a friend from the USA this september when we are both in Italy at the same time.
    By the way your stockings look also great.

     
  • At 10:32 pm, Blogger Wendy said…

    Lovely picture - and I recognise your new SB stockings hanging in the background! Good for you for joining WW - I sorely need to lose more than just some kg's but I was never very successful going the WW route. Good luck and let us know how its going.

     
  • At 3:19 pm, Blogger Mel in Dubai said…

    Thank you for taking the time out to visit with me, Karen! I had such a lovely afternoon browsing and chatting ... and buying :)

    We are back home in Dubai now and I've got a bit of catching up to do!

     
  • At 8:39 pm, Blogger Anne S said…

    I presume you've found out what the end clip of Pirates 2 was ... but just in case ... it goes back to the cannibals, and the dog they were chasing up the beach is now sitting on the throne, with a big bone in its mouth ... was quite cute! :D If I hadn't been told by Nicki to stay, I would've missed it too.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Karen's Blog
Home: Leura, New South Wales, Australia
About Me:
See my complete profile

Previous Post
Archives
My Time and Weather
    The WeatherPixie
Carol's Time and Weather
    The WeatherPixie
Links
Template By
Isnaini Dot Com