Thursday, June 22, 2006
A Chilly Winter Solstice
Well the Winter Solstice has come and gone so now the days will start getting longer. It has been really cold the last few days and I think we are in for a chilly Winter.

We have had a busy few days with Bren's parents visiting. They live up on the North Coast and much prefer the sand and sun to the mountains but we had a nice time while they were here. I haven't done any stitching but hope to get some more done on my SB stocking tomorrow.

This weekend we have the Winter Magic festival here in Katoomba. It should be a fun day. Bren and I are opening the shop later in the day so we can enjoy the festival for a few hours in the morning. Then after we close the shop for the day we will wander up to the main street and watch the fireworks.

Well, 24 is on so I am off to watch the 2nd episode. I am annoyed at myself as we went out with Bren's parents last night and I forgot to tape episode 1. I hope I will be able to follow the story anyway.
posted by Karen's Blog @ 10:25 pm  
1 Comments:
  • At 7:06 am, Blogger Carol said…

    Don't the days get shorter during the winter, not longer? LOL! We just had our longest day of the year yesterday, but it was our Summer Solstice, of course...

    Oh, I hope you can take some pics for us of the winter festival this weekend!! I would love to see them - I know you have been excited about this :-)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Karen's Blog
Home: Leura, New South Wales, Australia
About Me:
See my complete profile

Previous Post
Archives
My Time and Weather
    The WeatherPixie
Carol's Time and Weather
    The WeatherPixie
Links
Template By
Isnaini Dot Com