Sunday, June 25, 2006
Winter Magic Festival

Well Bren and I had a nice day at the Winter Magic Festival. We got there early before it got too crowded but by the time we got back to our shop there were thousands of people lining the main street of Katoomba. Here are some photos. There were a lot of colourful characters but I was too embarrased to take their photos without asking the first.

Here is one of the new murals that are popping up all over Katoomba. This is a lovely colourful one.



















The lady with the twigs coming out of her head was certainly interesting:)


This is a photo of the Carrington which is the oldest building in Katoomba and is part owned by friends of ours. This is where Bren and I sometimes go to after work for a drink. It's lovely to sit on the lounges in front of the open fires:) The reason for the tunnels on the roof is that the Carrington hosts the Winter Magic Ball every year and this years theme was Titanic. The Chef even recreated a 5 course dinner from the Titanics menu. Being a Titanic fantatic myself I really liked this years theme.










Love these dragonflies:)

The night ended with a wonderful fireworks display from the roof of the Carrington.

posted by Karen's Blog @ 6:59 pm  
6 Comments:
  • At 10:08 pm, Blogger Unknown said…

    Wow it looks like you had a fantastic time Karen, those costumes are great.

     
  • At 2:47 am, Blogger Carol said…

    Thanks for the photos!!! I have to laugh, you say it is cold and wintry there - it sure doesn't look like any kind of winter I know! LOL I love the smokestacks on the building! I remember your pics from that ball, but didn't realize then that it was a Titanic theme - I wish I had been there, I love that stuff too! My father's professor in college was a Titanic survivor (was a child on the ship)... he is now deceased.

     
  • At 7:42 pm, Blogger Nia said…

    The photos are fabulous - thanks for sharing those with us Kaz...What a great time it looked!

     
  • At 12:04 am, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Great pics - it looks like a good time was had by all! :)

    You know, the penny's only just dropped - your new shop is in the next street from where I used to live as a little girl! Talk about a small world...

     
  • At 5:21 am, Blogger Kim said…

    That's quite the impressive event! It looks like a lot of fun. :D And the weather looks wonderful, beautiful sky.

     
  • At 1:03 pm, Blogger Anne S said…

    Ooh, I LOVE that mural - and the whole days looked like a lot of fun ... definitely something that would be right up my alley! :D

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Karen's Blog
Home: Leura, New South Wales, Australia
About Me:
See my complete profile

Previous Post
Archives
My Time and Weather
    The WeatherPixie
Carol's Time and Weather
    The WeatherPixie
Links
Template By
Isnaini Dot Com