Sunday, June 04, 2006
A little snow
I stitched a little more on my stocking tonight. I like how quickly these stockings stitch up:)

Well the weather has turned really cold and we had a little snow yesterday. Yayy!!

Wendy, you asked about the Christmas stitcheries in my last posting. There are 2 more in the series as well and they are stitchery charts by an Australian designer called "Hatched and Patched".

Carina, you asked about when the Yuletide Festival is on up here in the mountains. The Yultide season is celebrated from June to August with different events being run from the different hotels and restaurants. The big Winter event here in Katoomba is called "Winter Magic" and is on the closest weekend to the Winter Solstice in June. This year it is on 24th & 25th June. This is a great weekend. Here is the web link http://www.wintermagic.com.au/ Basically, Katoomba, hands its main street back to the community for the biggest street party in Australia. Jugglers, gymnasts, musicians, dancers, drummers, troubadours, buskers, storytellers, poets, churches and choirs invite you to share the day with them. Best of all, it is free.
posted by Karen's Blog @ 10:41 pm  
6 Comments:
  • At 9:00 am, Blogger Carol said…

    Hi Stranger - the Red Sox won again today - I didn't watch it, I was at the dance recital, but just saw on the internet that they won :-) I love how your stocking is coming along - congrats on the snow!! We have rain, and lots of it again....

     
  • At 7:51 pm, Blogger Mel in Dubai said…

    Your stocking is coming along nicely, Karen :)

    I'm going to be in Sydney for a couple of days in July and I plan to come visit with you and that new shop of yours :) I just need to confirm the dates with DH but it will be around the 13th or 14th July. I'll email you direct when I know more.

    Might get to see some of the Yuletide festivities!

     
  • At 6:46 am, Blogger Nia said…

    Snow!!! How fabulous - I've never seen snow - perhaps I should make time for a winter visit?

    Your stocking is coming along nicely....am remaining strong about stockings....for now.

     
  • At 1:52 am, Blogger Kim said…

    Your stocking is looking great! It's HOT here so we could use a bit of snow about now. ;)

     
  • At 3:25 am, Blogger Carina said…

    Karen, your stocking looks great!

    Thanks for the festival info. It looks like most of the activities are in June, but perhaps we'll get to see a bit of them.

    We arrive in Sydney on July 30th and are planning on visiting Katoomba (and you!) sometime during that week. I'll email you when it gets closer and let you know what day we'll drop by the shop.

     
  • At 10:43 pm, Blogger Shelleen said…

    your stocking is coming along great. can't wait to see more.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Karen's Blog
Home: Leura, New South Wales, Australia
About Me:
See my complete profile

Previous Post
Archives
My Time and Weather
    The WeatherPixie
Carol's Time and Weather
    The WeatherPixie
Links
Template By
Isnaini Dot Com