Saturday, May 27, 2006
It's Been A Chilly Few Days
Sorry I have been away the last few days. It has just been such an exhausting few days getting the back part of the shop together after the flooding. It has been so cold in the shop as we have had to have this big blowing machine on to dry out the wet carpet and because of this the doors had to stay open during the day. Not something you want with all this cold weather. The carpet cleaner came back late yesterday after most of the underlay was dry and steam cleaned the carpet. After this was done we were finally able to start moving everything back. Needless to say, with the shop not being able to be heated, it has freshened up my cold. I have been just getting home each day, having a hot bath and curling up in front of the TV. No stitching done I'm afraid. At least tomorrow we can put the heat back on:)

To everyone who asked, my SB stocking was saved and is as good as new:) Hooray!!

One thing we did do this week was go see the DaVinci Code which Bren and I both enjoyed. Not a bad adaptation of the book. Plus I love Paul Bettany who I though was great:) Next week we are off to see X Men 3:) I love Hugh Jackman as well :) One bit of good news during the was the arrival of our Boy From Oz tickets. Hugh Jackman is doing a limited run of the production in August. I am so excited. I can't wait.

I did manage to go get my hair cut yesterday. I decided my long hair days are behind me and had it cut into a nice, easy to manage short cut. I was growing it out but my lifestyle is just so busy these days that I just can't be bothered spending ages each morning getting it to look half decent. I am so much happier with it nice and short. It doesn't get it the way when I am stitching now:)
posted by Karen's Blog @ 8:39 pm  
3 Comments:
  • At 9:52 pm, Blogger Nia said…

    well...let's see a piccie of the new haircut please...Kaz I'm fast becoming tired of my long hair too but I'm so scared to cut it! It's been mostly long for the last 20 years!

    I hope I can be brave like you and just do it sometime soon...!

    Take care of your cold...

     
  • At 4:31 am, Blogger Carol said…

    Woo Hoo! What an immense relief to hear that the stocking is saved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was just about ready to restitch it for you!

    I am with you - I think I want my hair to be short again too!

     
  • At 9:47 am, Blogger Leonie said…

    Glad the stocking was rescueable, and that the shop is back to normal-hopefully your cold will finally go away now that you can keep warm!!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Karen's Blog
Home: Leura, New South Wales, Australia
About Me:
See my complete profile

Previous Post
Archives
My Time and Weather
    The WeatherPixie
Carol's Time and Weather
    The WeatherPixie
Links
Template By
Isnaini Dot Com