Sunday, March 12, 2006
Two finishes
Well, I had a lovely day at home today and while the plan had been to work on Medieval Town all day (especially after seeing Judith's gorgeous work), I ended up trying to get all my WIP's and UFO's organised. I found 2 that were finished except for the back stitching and the thought of finishing 2 works before I start the marathon effort that will be MTM, was very appealing. So I have now finished Mirabilia's Ring Around The Rose Tree which I stitched on 28ct Waterlily Jobelan and another by an Australian designer Hanne's Needlecraft called "Roadside Sellers" that I started back in 2003. I had finished it's companian piece "To Market" and just couldn't face all the backstitching that RS required, until today. VBG.


Also tonight, Bren changed my template as Carol mentioned that sometimes that blue template can be hard to read on some machines. I hope this is better. Bren is also going to try and incorparate dragonflies into my template soon as well (of course. LOL).

Tomorrow is our Monday off so I am definetely going to get to work on MTM. I really am dreading it but I so want to be caught up by the end of the month. After I have caught up I will get back into my rotation stitching. I am especially anxious to get back to Stargazer and my next house in HOHRH. Because I have been spending all my spare time stitching I have been neglecting my emails. Carol, I have been so slack. It feels like ages since we had a proper chat but I will recify that soon:) Also Carina, I still can't work out where your email address is in your Blog.

posted by Karen's Blog @ 10:32 pm  
8 Comments:
  • At 1:42 am, Blogger Jenn said…

    Your finishes are lovely. I've never seen RS it's a lovely piece. I just went and had a look at the Hanne's Needlecraft site. She does so very nice things. I've already found a few I'd like to stitch. :)

     
  • At 2:06 am, Blogger Carol said…

    Oh my! Those are gorgeous! Congratulations! It will be great when Bren can get them framed up and you will have two more wonderful models for the shop!!!

    I am going to start MTM today too... finally.... we are in it together :-)

    I am way far behind on emails too! I owe quite a few - I am the first up today, so I will try now to see what I can do about getting a few answered :-)

     
  • At 5:08 am, Blogger Judith said…

    They both look great Karen. But now yo and Carol really have to go and get stitching on MTM to keep track with me otherwise I really will feel lonely.
    I was in the same finishing mood as you as I finished two charityquilts today. Pics will follow later tonight.

     
  • At 1:28 pm, Blogger Bastet said…

    Both pieces look lovely. Can't wait to see them framed.

     
  • At 3:06 pm, Blogger Myrna said…

    I'll do a little Happy Dance for your two finishes! They both turned out very nice...

    Enjoy your Monday off!

     
  • At 3:23 pm, Blogger Von said…

    Very nice finishes, Karen! I didn't have a problem reading your blog before, but your new blog look is lovely!!

     
  • At 3:47 pm, Blogger Carol said…

    Karen - this new template works beautifully!!!!

     
  • At 4:51 am, Blogger Carina said…

    Those finishes are just beautiful, Karen! Congratulations! Are you going to be displaying them in the shop?

    Here's my email addy, so you don't have to look for it anymore! ;) carina_thursby@yahoo.com

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Karen's Blog
Home: Leura, New South Wales, Australia
About Me:
See my complete profile

Previous Post
Archives
My Time and Weather
    The WeatherPixie
Carol's Time and Weather
    The WeatherPixie
Links
Template By
Isnaini Dot Com