Tuesday, March 14, 2006
Some Good News
Well, I got a little more stitched on MTM tonight but I will wait until I have a bit more done before I take a photo. I have decided to leave the village part I started to stitch on teh left side until I see Martina's response to someone else who posed a similar question. In the meantime I will start it again at the top where it is meant to be.

Today we received some possible good news on the shop front. I got a call from the Council’s Town Planner today to ask me a couple of minor questions. He seemed happy with my answers. He then went around to the cottage to do a site inspection and called us later to say he thought all seemed fine. He said that the standard letters had been sent out last week to the neighboring houses and galleries in the street to see if they have any reasonable objections to our business going into the cottage. This is done with any new businesses wanting to start up in a dwelling that wasn't previously used for commercial purposes. The cottage we want has been previously used for holiday letting. If, after 14 days there are no legitimate concerns, the Town Planner said he thought it would be approved. So that all sounds like good news. I know I shouldn’t jump the gun, but now I am starting to get excited.
posted by Karen's Blog @ 10:29 pm  
6 Comments:
  • At 11:55 pm, Blogger Mel in Dubai said…

    I have my toes crossed for you, Karen :) Can't stitch if I cross my fingers - lol!

     
  • At 2:56 am, Blogger Kim said…

    That sounds like great news! I've also got my fingers crossed for you. :D Good luck!

     
  • At 1:42 pm, Blogger Myrna said…

    Hope everything works out! I'll cross my stitches for you!

    Thanks for commenting on my blog. Can't wait to see your cup. Isn't it funny how different they all are?

     
  • At 4:55 pm, Blogger Leonie said…

    Sounds promising on the shop front-here's hoping.......

     
  • At 3:23 pm, Blogger Von said…

    Great news about the shop! Sending lots of good thoughts down your way. :D

     
  • At 4:37 am, Blogger Carina said…

    Oh, I'm getting excited for you too, Karen! Here's to seeing you in the cottage this winter!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Karen's Blog
Home: Leura, New South Wales, Australia
About Me:
See my complete profile

Previous Post
Archives
My Time and Weather
    The WeatherPixie
Carol's Time and Weather
    The WeatherPixie
Links
Template By
Isnaini Dot Com