Thursday, March 16, 2006
More on MTM

Not a good photo but I got some more done on MTM. I'm afraid I will be boring everyone with this project for about another week or so as I just want to be caught up by the end of March so that next month I can get the new parts stitched and then move onto other WIPs.

Well today we had a bit of a setback with our potential new shop. Just when we thought everything was going well we received a letter from the Council to say that that wanted more information included on the plans of the house we had done. They said they needed more detail on the car park area. So the car park still seems to be an issue. When Bren rang the Town Planner who, only days ago said there seemed to be no problem, he just said they needed more detail on the plans and wouldn't discuss it any further. Then the owner of the property called to say she had also spoken to him and he agreed to go to the cottage with her and make the amendments himself. He said he is only new to the job and wants to make sure he is not making any mistakes. She said that after meeting with him she felt it was still quite hopeful. He said that the deadline for any possible objections by neighbours is up on the 21st and that we should have an answer soon after that. So we should know one way or the other next week. Bren and I are so over this. We just want an answer either way so we can make plans. Plans to move or plans to rearrange our current shop to make better use of the space. I'm sorry to keep boring everyone with this. It's just that the last couple of weeks have been such a see sawing of emotions. Bren and I love our little business and we want to do everything we can to make it better and the actions of the Council have been so frustrating. Thanks for letting me vent a little:)
posted by Karen's Blog @ 11:48 pm  
4 Comments:
  • At 2:43 am, Blogger Unknown said…

    Vent all you like Karen, it's your blog and we're here to read and try and help you through everything.
    I'm keeping my fingers crossed that everything will run smoothly for you from now on.

     
  • At 7:58 am, Blogger Jenn said…

    MTM is coming along nicely Karen. I don't get tired of seeing this one no matter how many people are stitching it.

    Like Heather said vent all you want. I know when I do here it makes me feel so much better. Not that other people know just that I've gotten it off my chest.

     
  • At 11:42 am, Blogger Leslie aka zoeandcooper said…

    You have made great progress on MTM so far this week. Wonderful job!

     
  • At 11:53 am, Blogger BeckySC said…

    It's looking really great, Karen!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Karen's Blog
Home: Leura, New South Wales, Australia
About Me:
See my complete profile

Previous Post
Archives
My Time and Weather
    The WeatherPixie
Carol's Time and Weather
    The WeatherPixie
Links
Template By
Isnaini Dot Com