Monday, January 14, 2008
A nice surprise
What a lovely surprise in todays mail. My Fair & Square swap arrived from Tuula in Finland. Tuula stitched these lovely squares for me. The design is from Periphera.

Tuula also sent me these lovely extras! I love them.

I received a wonderful visit from Anne S on Saturday. I always have a great time chatting with her. She's such a hoot. Great fun:) I feel like I have known her forever:) I have been blown away by Anne's generosity. I mentioned to her the last time she visited that I am madly trying to get models stitched for the shop and she kindly offered to loan me some of hers. She said that it beats having them sitting in a box doing nothing but stilll, I am just so grateful to her for her generosity. I told Anne that as part of my apprection I will frame them for her. Hubby frames for me. We did this for Carol as well when she kindly loaned me some of her work a couple of years away. Here are some of the ones that Anne left and there are more to come after she moves house and unpacks. I really do know some wonderfully kind people. Thanks again Anne.



My photos are always dreadful when I take them for a post. These look so much nicer. Anyone have any tricks?

posted by Karen's Blog @ 9:00 pm  
6 Comments:
  • At 11:16 pm, Blogger Tuula said…

    Hello Karen!

    I´m so glad that the squares arrived safely and that you liked them.

    Hugs from Tuula.

     
  • At 12:01 pm, Blogger Deb said…

    Anne is a treasure!! She was the first blogging stitching friend I had, and she's very special to me, Karen. Take good care of her while she's down there!! I've just made friends with your buddy Sandra, too! We've had such great emails this weekend. What a fabulous sampler stitcher she is. I miss talking with you, too. Wish I were there to see and shop with you in your shop! Hugs, Deb

     
  • At 1:05 pm, Blogger Carol said…

    Lovely squares from Tuula! Congratulations. And wow, that sure was sweet of Anne to loan you those beauties. Yes, she is a love!

     
  • At 10:37 pm, Blogger Tuula said…

    Dear Karen!

    I lost your mailadress in the internet-space somewhere, but I wanted you to know that I received your squares yesterday and I just love them! You have read my blog carefully, as you knew how much I like these kitchen motives and the purple colour. I publish some pics tomorrow on my blog. Hugs:)

     
  • At 10:25 am, Blogger Anne S said…

    Aw, you're so sweet! I too feel as though I've known you forever, it's wonderful, and makes Sydney a much friendlier place! And I still say I got the better part of the deal haha. Looking forward to getting a few more things done for you :D {{hugs}} Actually now my furniture is delayed longer, I may just have time to squeak in that needleroll this week too ;)

    BTW, Tuula's F&S Exchange piece is beautiful - love the monochrome! :D

     
  • At 8:13 am, Blogger The Silver Thistle said…

    What lovely squares. You're so lucky! Deb is right, Anne is such a treasure.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Karen's Blog
Home: Leura, New South Wales, Australia
About Me:
See my complete profile

Previous Post
Archives
My Time and Weather
    The WeatherPixie
Carol's Time and Weather
    The WeatherPixie
Links
Template By
Isnaini Dot Com