Sunday, December 30, 2007
A Day Down South
What a big day it has been. Bren and I went for a drive down south for the day. On the way we called into Berrima Patchwork and I picked up a pretty fat 1/4 pack and a single fat 1/4.


We had a lovely lunch at Bungendore and went for a walk around all the antique shops before heading home. It was such a hot day that we both got sunburned. On the way home we pulled up at a lovely little creek and went wading to cool down. Here are 2 fun pics we took in the creek:) Not exactly flattering of either of us but a bit of fun:)


On the drive home we went past a paddock of emus. Bren loves emus:)

Tomorrow we will have a restful day at home. It is the start of the last week of our holidays. I hope to get lots of stitching done:)

posted by Karen's Blog @ 9:39 pm  
4 Comments:
  • At 9:00 am, Blogger Nia said…

    Sounds like a wonderful day :)

    Happy New Year!
    xxx

     
  • At 9:37 am, Blogger samplerlover said…

    HiKaren, Thank you stopping by and leaving a lovely comment on my blog. I haven't had much chance to get on the computer over the last few days as the computer hoggers are home.
    We had a lovely week down with my Dad and Sister and Matthew came over a few times to spend time with us, which was nice. Santa was very good to me and I will tell you all about it when I see you. By the way thank you for my present. I love both of them.
    While we were there we braved the sales looking for wedding clothes. That was a feat and a half. But I finally found something that will suffice.
    It sounds as if you and Bren are having a lovely well deserved break and are also enjoying yourselves.
    Well my friend I just wanted to wish both of you a very Happy New Year and look forward to seeing you when you come back - Enjoy the rest of your break - Sandra.

     
  • At 4:49 am, Blogger Carol said…

    Looks like you had a wonderful time! Enjoy your sunburns - we are digging out from 8" of snow with more coming tomorrow, and may be late for work Wednesday as we will have to clear the driveway yet AGAIN just to get out of it.... and the snowblower broke today :-( ARGH.

     
  • At 8:02 am, Blogger Dani - tkdchick said…

    That sounds like you had a lovely day! I like the photo of your feet in the water.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Karen's Blog
Home: Leura, New South Wales, Australia
About Me:
See my complete profile

Previous Post
Archives
My Time and Weather
    The WeatherPixie
Carol's Time and Weather
    The WeatherPixie
Links
Template By
Isnaini Dot Com