Thursday, December 27, 2007
A Great Christmas
Hi everyone,

I know it has been ages since my last post, but better late than never:) We had a lovely Christmas. Bren and I had my Dad and Margy over from Bathurst. It was a nice change as Margy usually spends it with her family, so it was good to have dad here on Christmas day. They stayed overnight and went home on Boxing Day. Bren cooked a lovely lunch and we had a couple of bottles of a very yummy Shiraz. All in all, it was a lovely day. Bren and Margy bought Bren and I a lovely piece of artwork for the walls (I forgot to take a pic). I got a wonderful present from my special friend Carol. She stitched me a beautiful Christmas Ornament, along with a lovely fat quater with dragonflies, a gorgeous pair of Gingher scissors and 2 magazines I have been reading cover to cover. I just love them!! Carol and I sent each other our pressies in 2 parts as we both ran out of time. Nothing unusual for me:) I will send part 2 of hers (which is the cross stitch part) in the next week.


Here is the ornament on our tree:)

I also received a lovely bag made by my friend Sandra. here is a pic:


Bren and I bought ourselves a pet galah, Rosie, about a month ago as an early Chrismas present for each other. She was hand reared and has quickly become a part of the family. She was 4 moths old on the 20th Dec. Here she is ripping open her Christmas present.

Bren and I are having a nice break over the holidays. Bren is on 2 weeks holidays and I am just popping into the shop on a couple of days. I put on my first staff member a couple of months ago and she is working most of the days over the break between Chrismas and New year.

It is lovely to catch up with friends at this time of year. Tomorrow night we are heading into the city for dinner at a lovey Spanish restaurant called Don Quioxte with our friends Kylie and Frank. We are really looking forward to that. Then we are off for a couple of days down the south coast. We will drive home on New Years day before starting back at work on Monday 7th.

I am finally all organised at the shop. All catalogues have been filed and just things in general are in place. I work so much better when things are tidy. I know they have just been things behind the scenes but they were still driving me crazy. Before the break I worked a lot of hours after the shop had closed each night to get everything done. I feel like I can start the new year fresh now. That includes blogging regularly and getting a lot of stitching done. I will put up my new years Resolutions up on the 31st:) I look forward to keeping in regular touch with everyone in 2008.




posted by Karen's Blog @ 5:57 pm  
4 Comments:
  • At 5:55 am, Blogger Carol said…

    Hi Karen! I am about to email you - Part 1 of your gifts to me arrived safely today and I ADORE it all - as always!! Rosie looks so cute opening her own pressies! It must be wonderful having her around!! Aw, my ornament is on your tree - woo hoo!! Will email you in a little bit ;-)

     
  • At 8:00 am, Blogger Nia said…

    What a lovely gift from Carol :) I am so glad you're enjoying some time off - you deserve it!

    Rosie looks adorable :) I can't wait to meet her in person soon!

     
  • At 2:36 am, Blogger The Silver Thistle said…

    Hi there! Just HAD to come visit to let you know how FANTASTIC your dolls to Carol were! I've just been admiring them over on Carol's blog and they are just the BEST!

    Bren's needlework is fab too, as are all of your projects.

     
  • At 3:02 am, Blogger Dani - tkdchick said…

    What a beautiful gift from Carol. Your bird opening his gift is adorable!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Karen's Blog
Home: Leura, New South Wales, Australia
About Me:
See my complete profile

Previous Post
Archives
My Time and Weather
    The WeatherPixie
Carol's Time and Weather
    The WeatherPixie
Links
Template By
Isnaini Dot Com