Saturday, December 29, 2007
A new shop display
Today I wanted to share a new display I have put up in the shop. Karlene from Katkins Designs is a local doll designer. She does not have a craft show to do now until February so she has loaned me some of her models for the shop. We have the patterns already so it is nice to have the dollies "in the flesh".







Speaking of dolls, I just finished "Florence". I am getting better at making dolls:)

I got a couple of my cross stitch finishes from this year back from the framer. Bren usually frames for me but he has been so busy I thought it would be quicker to have my other framer do them. When I picked these up I also dropped off Paradim Lost and The Token. They will be ready in a couple of weeks. The pics are not great due to the glass on them.

An Open Heart.


Seven Sailors (stitched for me by my friend Sandra)

And Indian Summer Reflections.

I received my square and signature square from Lizzie in the Fair & Square swap. I love it.



I also received a Biscornu from Janine. This is from a biscornu swap run by the Xsers Yahoo group here in Australia.




Bren and I met our friends Kylie and Frank down in the city last night for a lovely dinner at a Spanish restaurant called The Don Quixote. What a fabulous dinner and Kylie and I had way too much Sangria to drink. Needless to say Bren and Frank were the designated drivers for the night:)

posted by Karen's Blog @ 8:33 pm  
10 Comments:
  • At 9:42 pm, Blogger Becky K in OK said…

    Your framed pieces are absolutely gorgeous. I love your biscornu.

     
  • At 1:20 am, Blogger Judith said…

    The dolls are gorgeous, the stitching is gorgeous. If I saw it right I also see some beautifull quilts displayed.

     
  • At 2:59 am, Blogger Dani - tkdchick said…

    Wow all of your framed pieces are beautiufl! Especially your Chatelaine, I haven't framed mine yet I really have to get to that in 2008

     
  • At 9:01 am, Blogger Von said…

    Having many finished models are so important in a shop, and yours are top notch!!

     
  • At 9:44 am, Blogger Nia said…

    The dolls are gorgeous Kaz! I just wish I had more of an inclination to sew *sigh*. I love the lilypad quilt too!

    I WILL finish AOH heart this year....I will!

    AND I will visit you and Bren and the shop :)

     
  • At 11:49 am, Blogger Deb said…

    PS: Did you know that that Chatelaine piece was designed from when Martina came to my house in Sturbridge, Massachusetts for her first Stitching Bee to meet her fans in the USA? It was in October during a magnificient Fall...with a beautiful display of colorful foliage in our town center near the white bandstand! We had great fun! The hotel they group stayed in was beside a lake.
    Deb

     
  • At 2:01 pm, Blogger Anne S said…

    What a glorious visual feast for the eyes! Your latest framed pieces are gorgeous! As are the dolls and the biscornu :) Just wanted to drop by and wish you all the best for the rest of the festive season (even though there's not much left now!), and hope 2008 is a wondrous year filled with peace, love and happiness. I look forward to getting to know you better now I'm in Sydney - will definitely have to have a stitching day :D Enjoy your days off, and look forward to dropping by in the New Year (I have a couple of new finishes for you!). {{hugs}}

     
  • At 4:47 pm, Blogger Carol said…

    What beautiful framings! I had no idea you have ever stitched Paradigm Lost and The Token! Wow! When did you do them?

     
  • At 4:49 pm, Blogger Lelia said…

    Wonderful blog!!! I've enjoyed reading thru your posts. Awesome stitching. And the dolls are fantastic ... luv them all : )

     
  • At 10:08 pm, Blogger Unknown said…

    Online is a prefect place for finding unique and excellent shop display ideas. good unique display is great way to increase your product sales and profits.
    pricing guns
    http://www.millsdisplay.com.au/pricing-guns-labels-c-8_45.html

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Karen's Blog
Home: Leura, New South Wales, Australia
About Me:
See my complete profile

Previous Post
Archives
My Time and Weather
    The WeatherPixie
Carol's Time and Weather
    The WeatherPixie
Links
Template By
Isnaini Dot Com