Thursday, February 23, 2006
Not a Great Day
Well today did not go the way I had hoped. I had to trade my day of stitching at home watching Phantom Of The Opera for a day of running around Real Estate Agents and Council. It all started when Bren went to the local Council chambers this morning to drop off our application form to have the zoning changed for the cottage we are hoping to move the Shop into. It is currently zoned for holiday leasing and we want it changed to commercial. We have done so much running around making sure we had dotted all the I's and crossed all the T's with aqll the application forms only to find out this morning that because of the square meterage of the house we need to provide 7-8 car spaces for customers instead of the 4 spaces that are on the property. We can't belive it. The crazy thing is that there is so much on street parking that no-one else visiting any of the galleries in the street ever use the car spaces provided. They just park in front and go in. Bren is going back in the morning to see if there is anything we can do. Because there was a lot of extra research to do today, with Bren in the shop I did all the running around. What a horrid day. Sorry to complain so much, it's just been such a disappointing day. Please keep your fingers crossed that we get some good news tomorrow.

To try and shake the blues off tonight I did a little stitching on HOHRH. I am so looking forward to finishing my first house square. Hopefully I will get there in the next couple of nights.

Thanks for letting me vent guys.



posted by Karen's Blog @ 10:38 pm  
7 Comments:
  • At 11:10 pm, Blogger Unknown said…

    It must be hard running your own business! I hope things go your way whn you go back to the zoning board. Did they require the other shops nearby to have those extra spaces?

     
  • At 12:20 am, Blogger Anne S said…

    Oh Karen, that's so disappointing! You see, here you have another great reason to blog - it's a wonderful place to vent, with an entire world out there full of kind stitchers that will send you good vibes {{hugs}} ... fingers crossed you get it sorted out soon :) Sorry to hear your stitching 'retreat' didn't quite go as planned :/

     
  • At 1:54 am, Blogger Carol said…

    Oh Karen, what a disappointment!!! Yikes. I am sure it will eventually work out, but what a pain!!

    Yep, Mike is selling that beautiful Corvette and bought this:
    http://www.chrysler.com/300/300c.html
    It is a huge monster of a car, and I don't care for it. He traded in his Jeep as well... going to sell the Corvette privately (that may take a long time.... expensive car) and wants to have one car he can drive in winter and summer, reducing our payments. OK, that is good in theory, but what a disappointment since that was a big gift I bought for him... :-( Men! And, in my opinion, I hate the new car - it is huge and looks like an old man's car. Nobody seems to agree with me, but that is how I feel.

    OK, I need to do some HOHRH or I will end up being behind everyone, even though I started a year ahead of you all LOL!

     
  • At 2:07 am, Blogger Kim said…

    Sorry to hear about the troubles. Hope it all gets properly resolved. You will just have to schedule another day for your Phantom stitching day. :D Got my fingers crossed that you get your zoning problems resolved in your favor.

     
  • At 3:32 am, Blogger Jenny said…

    UGH. I'm so sorry you're having such a hard time with the business. Just wanted to say though that I scrolled down and saw your Stargazer pic and it is gorgeous!

     
  • At 3:35 am, Blogger Shelleen said…

    Sorry you are having troubles. Hopefully you can work them out.
    Progress pic looks great.
    Must be a day for venting as I am ready to kill my DH as well LOL

     
  • At 12:19 pm, Blogger BeckySC said…

    (((Some hugs for you)))

    Love the progress on HOHRH :)

    Thanks for visiting me :)

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Karen's Blog
Home: Leura, New South Wales, Australia
About Me:
See my complete profile

Previous Post
Archives
My Time and Weather
    The WeatherPixie
Carol's Time and Weather
    The WeatherPixie
Links
Template By
Isnaini Dot Com