Monday, February 20, 2006
More progress on Stargazer
Once again today I'd like to thank eveyone so much for all their kind words. I was trying to reply to some individually today but I found I couldn't just reply to the emails as there were no actaul email addresses to reply to. Does that make sense? So my question for today is: Do I go into each person's Blog and respond in their comments section? Sorry to ask but I still have a lot to learn.

Today I spent the day stitching. I got some more done on Stargazer. She is really starting to look pretty. I am so glad I chose Sugar Maple's Snickerdoodles to stitch her on. I did also attempt to start my Houses Of Hawk Run Hollow which is the SAL I have joined but I had chosen 34ct Cafe Au Lait linen and found I couldn't decide whether to use 1 strand or 2. I tend to stitch 32ct and bigger with 2 strands and 36 and 40 with 1 strand but neither 1 or 2 looked quite right on the 34ct. 2 strands looked too think and the 1 strand didn't seem to have enough coverage. In the end, and with some much appreciated advice from Carol S, I have decided to use my other option which is an Ivory 40ct linen. I have also decided to stitch it in Needlepoint Silks rather than DMC that I was orginally going to use. I feel much better about my choices now so I will make a fresh start on HOHRH tomorrow. Hopefully tommorrow will be a little cooler here and not the scorching hot day it was today.

Well, it's past midnight so I am off to bed now.

posted by Karen's Blog @ 12:11 am  
8 Comments:
  • At 2:51 am, Blogger Carol said…

    Awesome Karen! I can't wait to see your first HOHRH pic! Stargazer is looking lovely!

     
  • At 7:39 am, Blogger Bastet said…

    You've made wonderful progress on Star Gazer. She's defiantly a beaut.

     
  • At 8:08 am, Blogger Carina said…

    Karen, I LOVE your fabric choices for for Petal Fairy and Stargazer--so gorgeous!!! (Of course, it may just be your beautiful stitching!)

    Keep me posted on the shop situation; that would be lovely to have Dragonfly Dreams in a cottage. I look forward to seeing you in approx. 5 months! :)

     
  • At 9:01 am, Blogger Nicki said…

    Wow she really is looking pretty!

    Don't feel you have to return everyone's comments all the time by the way - it could get too much! Just a comment on their blog if they have one every now and again. You can't always respond to everyone every day - there are just too many lovely blogs out there :)

     
  • At 10:27 am, Blogger Running Kiwi said…

    Wow! Stargazer is looking beautiful ... she is very quickly making my "must do" list :)

    Nice to see you blogging - don't worry too much about answering comments, I think we all try to comment when we can ... and I think the stitching bloggers are pretty understanding about life and how busy it gets.

     
  • At 12:03 pm, Blogger Pam @ Heart2Heart said…

    Hello from one new blogger to another! Stargazer is just beautiful, I look forward to seeing her progress and fear she may become one I would like to do myself. Also anxiously awaiting your progress on HoHHR, I have this to do myself, but have yet to start it, still working on getting the materials together.

     
  • At 10:51 pm, Blogger cathymk said…

    I love your Stargazer, She is looking absoloutely wonderful!!!

     
  • At 12:54 am, Blogger Africa said…

    Stargazer looks very beautiful, i love it, i have the chart and i hope to do it this year. The fabric is fantastic, a good election!!
    hugs from Spain

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Karen's Blog
Home: Leura, New South Wales, Australia
About Me:
See my complete profile

Previous Post
Archives
My Time and Weather
    The WeatherPixie
Carol's Time and Weather
    The WeatherPixie
Links
Template By
Isnaini Dot Com