Monday, February 20, 2006
SAL Start
Well today the weather was much cooler. Bren and I had the day off today and had a lazy day at home in the clouds. We live in the Upper Blue Mountains and some days the clouds are so low that you can barely see a metre in front of you. I love days like this at home:) I finally started on the Houses Of Hawk Run Hollow SAL. After more indecison than I have ever had on chosing a fabric I again changed my mind today and am stitching this on a 36ct Edinborough linen. This is not a great photo but I will try to do a better one next time.

A couple of ladies asked me why I didn't enjoy stitching An Open Heart. To be honest I really don't know why but I just found stitching it a chore. There were some rows that took me ages to work out how to do. For example there was a row of a sort of Rhodes stitch in the shape of a heart that nearly drove me around the twist.LOL. Having said all this I am so incredibly happy with the outcome. It really is beautiful and I can't wait for Bren to frame it for me. I am definetely happy that I stuck with it. Sounds like a lot of you are either almost finished it, just started it or are about to start and I can guarantee you will be pleased at the end results.

Stargazer on the other hand is a lot of fun to stitch. It is rare that after stitching for a day on something that I don't want to do something else the next day but with Stargazer I am having to force myself to put it down and not neglect my other stitching projects. Tomorrow will be back to stargazer though:)

posted by Karen's Blog @ 10:34 pm  
7 Comments:
  • At 3:54 am, Blogger BeckySC said…

    HOHRH is looking great. I finished my first house over the weekend. It seemed to have taken me forever to stitch that square.

    I love Stargazer, she is going to be so lovely.

     
  • At 4:47 am, Blogger Carol said…

    Awesome! You started! Becky started! I can pick mine up again after I finish MTM now! I have been having HOHRH withdrawals!! LOL

     
  • At 5:16 am, Blogger Leslie aka zoeandcooper said…

    Great start to this piece Karen. The fabric is lovely, even if it did take a long time to find the perfect one:)

    Stargazer is looking lovely, too. I can't wait to start mine!!

     
  • At 10:26 am, Blogger Leonie said…

    Hi Karen (Leonie from Sth Aust here)!! Your work is looking lovely. Just wondering what kind of rotation you use..........I love to hear about other people's rotations

     
  • At 2:44 pm, Blogger Bastet said…

    you've made a wonderful start to the SAL.

     
  • At 3:08 pm, Blogger Shelleen said…

    you have a great start to HOHRH

     
  • At 7:39 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sounds like a lovely days stitching, and HOHRH looks great so far :) My brother used to live in Leura so I know what you mean about the clouds!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Karen's Blog
Home: Leura, New South Wales, Australia
About Me:
See my complete profile

Previous Post
Archives
My Time and Weather
    The WeatherPixie
Carol's Time and Weather
    The WeatherPixie
Links
Template By
Isnaini Dot Com