Saturday, February 18, 2006
Thanks so much

Well, what a first day for my Blog. Now I need some advice here. I have received 20 messages from so many lovely people and I am not sure what the Blog ettiquette is. I was going to reply to each of the messages individually but as there are so many I thought I would just thank everyone here. If this is rude, please, please let me know. I was stunned to wake up today to so many warm welcomes and kind words. I was not surprised however to see my very special friend Carol was the first one to leave a message. So thank you all so much. I am still learning about this whole Blog thing so please bear with me as I learn as I go:) I did recognise a couple of people's names. One is Mel who is a fellow Aussie living in Dubai. Hi Mel. I hope all is well:) Another is Carina who visited the shop when she was in Australia last year. Carina, hopefully by the time you come back we will be in a lovely new shop. We hope to move into a lovely little cottage around the corner from where our current shop is. All going according to plan we will move in May. Fingers crossed that the local council approves our move. And finally, Katrina from New Zealand who I realised recently was also a friend of Carol's. What a small world we live in now thanks to the Internet. To everyone else, I look forward to getting to know you all and can't wait to see what everyone else is working on. I see everyone's Blog links are on Carol's site so I will be checking them all out and adding the links to my site (if that's ok?).

Ok, not a lot of stitching today but I want to share my Mother In Law's first finish for the year. Pictured above she stitched "Does My Bum Look Big In This?" I love this cute little hippo:)

Now as I mentioned yesterday one of my goals this year is to keep up with all SAL's and that includes the ones I started last year with Carol, so I got out Petal Fairy to finish. I thought I had done a lot more than I have with this but not to worry. It will go into my stitching rotation and I should get through it fairly quickly (I hope) . This is being stitched Silkweavers 32ct Summer Breeze Lugarna.

Last year Bren and I were in the States on a business/holiday and were lucky enough to have the day in Boston with Carol and Mike. Because of a tight schedule we were only able to have the one day but we had such a good time. Hopefully next trip we will be able to spend more time with them. Here is a photo Mike took of Carol, Brendon (my hubby) and I at a pub in Boston). Fortunately my hair is now longer and I have lost some weight since this photo but it is a nice memory I thought I would share. Carol, as always looks great:) When I reach my goal weight I will post another photo of Bren and I:)

Well tommorrow is my day off so I plan to stitch all day so hopefully I will have some good progress photos in tommorrow's posting.

Again, thanks so much for all the lovely comments:)



posted by Karen's Blog @ 7:40 pm  
13 Comments:
  • At 8:56 pm, Blogger Unknown said…

    What a lovely finish for your MIL. I have added you to my blog list and will check back from time to time.

     
  • At 9:02 pm, Blogger Mel in Dubai said…

    Lovely photo, Karen :)

    Petal Fairy is looking great! I love the fabric you are using too! This was a design that didn't really call to me when it was first released but I have seen a couple of WIP pics with it done on different hand-dyeds and I must admit it is becoming more appealing - lol!

     
  • At 11:27 pm, Blogger Unknown said…

    Open Heart is one of the prettiest pieces--- your finish is stunning! You have a lot of beautiful projects going, I'm going to enjoy following your progress! :)

     
  • At 3:27 am, Blogger Jenn said…

    I love Petal Fairy on that blue fabric. Very pretty.

    That is a nice picture of you, Carol and your husband. I remember Carol telling me about your visit last year. It looks like you were having a good time.

    I don't mind you posting a link to my blog on your web site if you'd like to. If you have any 'how do I do this on my blog?' questions don't be afraid to ask.

     
  • At 4:21 am, Blogger Myrna said…

    Hi Karen,

    I'm fairly new at this blogging myself, so we can bungle thru together. I am going to add you to my blog list, so I will remember to come visit. :-)

    Petal Fairy is very pretty. I had never seen these until I started my blog.

    Have a great stitching day!

     
  • At 4:22 am, Blogger Carol said…

    Oh, you are so popular already :-) It is not bad ettiquette to answer everyone in your entry - lots of folks do that :-) We all love getting comments - we love, love, love it - so it is always nice to visit individual blogs and post comments there too - you will see, as you did with mine, that some of us have customized our comments sections....

    Your MILs piece is adorable! I had no idea she stitches!

    OK, looks like the three of us do have a bit of a glow going on in that picture! Mike talks about that bar all the time - he keeps trying to find other places that will make him a grape martini like the one he had that day!

     
  • At 5:44 am, Blogger Judith said…

    Petal Fairy looks great. Can't remember seeing this design.
    By the way I am also stitching on MTM. I just finished part 5 thursday late at night.

     
  • At 5:52 am, Blogger Ashleigh said…

    Hi :) I just came across your blog today from a link on Myrna's blog. I love your work!

     
  • At 6:54 am, Blogger Shelleen said…

    Love the hippo and Petal fairy is really pretty. i don't reply to comments on my blog but sometimesI will post it in my blog the next day. I leave alot of messages on blogs and don't get replies and I don't expect to unless I specifically ask a question.

     
  • At 7:46 am, Blogger Bine said…

    Hello Karen,
    welcome to this nice and family blogging community. Hope you feel as cozy as I do :-)
    I love your "an open heart" it's on my to-do-pile as well...as a lot of other adorable designs :-) Looking forward to see more of your great stitching.
    Thank you for sending over to Germany this very much missed Gloriana Thread ;-)

     
  • At 9:15 am, Blogger Nicki said…

    Your mother-in-law's finish is really cute! Beautifully done. And Petal looks wonderful on that fabric :)

     
  • At 10:19 am, Blogger Bastet said…

    Your MIL's finish is a cutie. And petal fairy looks stunning on Summer Breeze. Gives an almost mystical sense to it.

     
  • At 11:29 am, Blogger BeckySC said…

    Oooh, I agree, Petal Fairy looks awesome on that fabric! VERY nice!

    I don't mind you replying to me via another post-I do that more times than not on my own blog.

    Again, it's very nice to meet you and I look forward to visiting your blog.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: Karen's Blog
Home: Leura, New South Wales, Australia
About Me:
See my complete profile

Previous Post
Archives
My Time and Weather
    The WeatherPixie
Carol's Time and Weather
    The WeatherPixie
Links
Template By
Isnaini Dot Com